Saturday, May 23, 2009

Here we go again

This is the sixth blog I've tried to make since deciding I was a writer. Traditionally, I've always made the first post self-referential and, in spite of the overwhelming success of those previous projects, the theme is sticking. This is because I feel a need to justify the project, having spit upon the concept of blogs for much of my life.

Essentially, I hated blogs because they're just a bunch of assholes writing their opinions online and pretending everyone cares. Then it occurred to me that 90% of professional writers fall into the same "assholes who think people care" definition. And so, I either had to revise my opinions of blogs or admit that writing is bogus, and I refuse to do that. Thus, this was created.

Why I think this particular incarnation will succeed, at least better than the previous projects, is that I'm embracing the spirit of engaging in selfishness, unabashedly; it's like I'm writing a cover letter. In that same spirit, creating a body of writing so that people who hire people with bodies of writing have a body of writing to refer to. Basically, yes, I'm trolling for a job with this. If you happen to know anyone, let me know. The final reason I have hope in this project, is that I'm presently blogging for WakeUp Naptown!, an Indianapolis-area blog, and have already come up with numerous ideas for entries that are either too long, too short, too fictional, or too fantastic to include on that website, thus creating a need for a dump such as this.

So here you are, reading about what I think and, yes, I do think that you care if you've made it this far. To many happy returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment